Re: Compiler for Source in Text

  • wein3150
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
      --- In aima-talk@y..., "Serguei Mokhov" <mokhov@c...> wrote:
> [...]

      Okay, so I put the lisp converted files into the same directory as
      the compiler. Now, command-wise running this stuff,
      what,

      (load "filename.scm")?
    • Will Deakin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
        >Serguei Mokhov ha scritto:
        > Not exactly LISP, but a subset.
        Without meaning to be painfully pedantic, if you mean
        by LISP (or lisp since this looks a bit quieter on the
        page :) that you are talking about common lisp --
        which I belive the examples to be implemented in --
        then, no, scheme is not "a subset" of lisp. There are
        elements in the scheme standare that are not -- or can
        not -- be implemented in common lisp.

        If however, you mean by *a* "LISP," that scheme can
        trace ancedance from the early work by McCarthy and
        others, then yes, scheme is a lisp. However, rather
        like the dolphin and the blue whale, they are somewhat
        different in form and function. Hope this helps.

        Cetaceanly yours,

        :)w

        Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
        http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/
      • Serguei Mokhov
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
          > Without meaning to be painfully pedantic, if you mean
          > by LISP (or lisp since this looks a bit quieter on the
          > page :) that you are talking about common lisp --

          I wasn't talking about any particular flavour of lisp.

          > which I belive the examples to be implemented in --
          > then, no, scheme is not "a subset" of lisp. There are

          Okay, not a *proper* subset :)

          > If however, you mean by *a* "LISP," that scheme can
          > trace ancedance from the early work by McCarthy and

          Yes.

          -s
        • Owain Roberts
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2002
            My understanding is that this goup if for discussions
            directly pertaining to 'Artificial Intelligence: A
            modern Approach' by Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig.

            Might this dicussion be better suited to
            comp.land.lisp?

            > > Without meaning to be painfully pedantic, if you
            > mean
            > > by LISP (or lisp since this looks a bit quieter on
            > the
            > > page :) that you are talking about common lisp --
            >
            > I wasn't talking about any particular flavour of
            > lisp.
            >
            > > which I belive the examples to be implemented in
            > --
            > > then, no, scheme is not "a subset" of lisp. There
            > are
            >
            > Okay, not a *proper* subset :)
            >
            > > If however, you mean by *a* "LISP," that scheme
            > can
            > > trace ancedance from the early work by McCarthy
            > and
            >
            > Yes.
            >
            > -s

            =====
            Quamvis tam longo possis satur esse libello,
            lector, adhuc a me disitcha pauca petis.
            sed Lupus usuram puerique diaria poscunt.
            Lector, solve. Taces dissimulasque? Vale.

            --Marcus Valerius Martialis, liber XI, CVIII

            http://sbc.yahoo.com
          • Will Deakin
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 21, 2002
              --- Owain Roberts <owain_roberts@...> ha
              scritto:
              > My understanding is that this goup if for
              > discussions directly pertaining to 'Artificial
              > Intelligence: A modern Approach' by Stuart Russell
              and
              > Peter Norvig.
              Yes. The answer I gave was in response to a thread as
              to whether the aima code would run under scheme. I was
              trying to explain why this was not so and that
              there were a number of practical steps that could be
              carried out to run the examples.

              For completeness, I should have added that IIRC the
              examples are also implemented in a number of other
              languages. This would suggest a third approach of not
              using lisp but java, say. However, I don't know enough
              about this to be of any futher assistance.

              Why is this not "on topic?" Unless, of course, the
              first question was not.

              > Might this dicussion be better suited to
              > comp.land.lisp?
              Further dicussion (sic) would. Or any one of a number
              of other places.

              Best Regards,

              Will