Passive ADP Agent

  • cauchy_wj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012

      I happen to have a two questions about the Passive ADP Agent (21.2.2 in the 3rd edition). I wonder if somebody could be so kind to answer them:

      1. Why the agent updates utility of its policy every action (s(a)-s')? This seems unnecessary.
      2. Why this algorithm has "dynamic programming" in its name? It is a simple counting of transition statistics + policy evaluation which is made by solving linear algebra or iteration. So where is the dynamic programming here? Am I missing something?

      Thanks,
      cauchy