Help:just some thoughts on "proof by contradiction" introduced on page 250 ,3rdE

  • fawadsmailbox
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2011
      just some thoughts on "proof by contradiction" introduced on page 250 used on page 254, 7th line from the end `...we wish to prove α which is,say,¬P12`

      according to proof by contradiction, it is : KB ∧ ¬ α,

      but in the example, it is α= ¬P12

      So ¬ α is: ¬(¬P12), will become just P12 and so it is reflected in Figure 7.13