Eclipse and Java basics

  • en9apr@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2011

      I downloaded the AIMA code from the SVN:

      http://aima-java.googlecode.com/svn

      I have followed the instructions on the wiki:

      http://code.google.com/p/aima-java/wiki/GettingStarted

      However, I am a beginner on both Eclipse and Java, but I do have some C++ experience. I am wondering:

      1) Why we prefer Java over other languages such as C++?

      2) Why we prefer Eclipse over NetBeans?

      3) Whether there is a cheat sheet repository or Wiki for a simple example (e.g. VacuumApp.java) of how to create an app in Eclipse in the manner used in the AIMA code above?

      4) Whether there is a free on-line course or resource for learning Java at the level required to interpret the code? e.g. a free version of the "Java Programming Language" course on:

      http://education.oracle.com/

      Thanks,

      Andrew