Question about temperature and probability in simulated annealing algorithm

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010
      Section 4.1.2 says
      The probability [also] decreases as the "temperature" T goes down: "bad" moves are more likely to be allowed at the start when T is high, and they become more unlikely as T decreases.
      However, the probability of making a "bad" move is given by the following formula in Figure 4.5:
      e ^ (delta-E / T)
      The value of this formula increases, not decreases, as T decreases.

      Is this an error in the book or am I misreading this?

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2010
        I take back my earlier question.  I just realized that dE is negative.