Re: [aima-talk] AIMA 3rd edition cover design contest

  • Bilal Hayat Butt
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27 7:19 AM

      Whats the point in having it for US residents only?

      ---------------

      2. Eligibility.

      Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).

      [3 ! |_ /\ |_

      We're having a contest to design the cover for the 3rd edition.

      Open to instructors and students, see the contest rules at http://media. pearsoncmg. com/ph/esm/ ecs_ai/ . Deadline June 15th.

      -Peter Norvig

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 28 10:59 AM
        If it were up to me, I would have it open to anyone, regardless of residency, and regardless of status as a student or teacher. But Prentice Hall has legal issues they have to work with, and that's what they decided would be easiest.

        -Peter

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Bilal Hayat Butt <bilal_hayat_butt@...> wrote:

        > Whats the point in having it for US residents only?
        > ---------------
        > 2. Eligibility.
        >
        > Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).
        >
        > [3 ! |_ /
      • Nima Talebi
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28 6:09 PM
          Good think this came up - I had already started :/

          That'll teach me to `assume' that I'm eligible =)

          Nima

          --
          Nima Talebiw: http://ai.autonomy.net.au/
          p: +61-4-0667-7607  m: nima@...