Re: [aima-talk] AIMA 3rd edition cover design contest

  • futrelle@ccs.neu.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2009
      Light-hearted suggestion:

      Instead of God's finger touching Adam, ala Michelangelo, we could have a
      human in the clouds touching the finger of a robot agent.

      - Bob Futrelle

      On 12:51:03 am 04/22/09 "Peter Norvig" <peter@...> wrote:

      > We're having a contest to design the cover for the 3rd
      > edition.
      > Open to instructors and students, see the contest rules at
      > http://media.pearsoncmg.com/ph/esm/ecs_ai/ . Deadline June 15th.
      > -Peter Norvig

    • Bilal Hayat Butt
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009

        Whats the point in having it for US residents only?

        ---------------

        2. Eligibility.

        Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).

        [3 ! |_ /\ |_

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 28, 2009
          If it were up to me, I would have it open to anyone, regardless of residency, and regardless of status as a student or teacher. But Prentice Hall has legal issues they have to work with, and that's what they decided would be easiest.

          -Peter

          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Bilal Hayat Butt <bilal_hayat_butt@...> wrote:

          > Whats the point in having it for US residents only?
          > ---------------
          > 2. Eligibility.
          >
          > Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).
          >
          > [3 ! |_ /
        • Nima Talebi
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2009
            Good think this came up - I had already started :/

            That'll teach me to `assume' that I'm eligible =)

            Nima

            --
            Nima Talebiw: http://ai.autonomy.net.au/
            p: +61-4-0667-7607  m: nima@...