AIMA 3rd edition cover design contest

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2009
      We're having a contest to design the cover for the 3rd edition.

      Open to instructors and students, see the contest rules at http://media.pearsoncmg.com/ph/esm/ecs_ai/ . Deadline June 15th.

      -Peter Norvig
    • Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2009
        That's great. Is there any information available on what to expect in
        the 3rd edition or an estimate of when to expect it to be available
        for purchase?

        Thanks

        Donnchadh

      • futrelle@ccs.neu.edu
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2009
          Light-hearted suggestion:

          Instead of God's finger touching Adam, ala Michelangelo, we could have a
          human in the clouds touching the finger of a robot agent.

          - Bob Futrelle

          On 12:51:03 am 04/22/09 "Peter Norvig" <peter@...> wrote:

          > We're having a contest to design the cover for the 3rd
          > edition.
          > Open to instructors and students, see the contest rules at
          > http://media.pearsoncmg.com/ph/esm/ecs_ai/ . Deadline June 15th.
          > -Peter Norvig

        • Bilal Hayat Butt
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2009

            Whats the point in having it for US residents only?

            ---------------

            2. Eligibility.

            Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).

            [3 ! |_ /\ |_

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2009
              If it were up to me, I would have it open to anyone, regardless of residency, and regardless of status as a student or teacher. But Prentice Hall has legal issues they have to work with, and that's what they decided would be easiest.

              -Peter

              --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Bilal Hayat Butt <bilal_hayat_butt@...> wrote:

              > Whats the point in having it for US residents only?
              > ---------------
              > 2. Eligibility.
              >
              > Open to legal U.S. residents, that are instructors or students (enrolled at a two- or four-year college).
              >
              > [3 ! |_ /
            • Nima Talebi
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 28, 2009
                Good think this came up - I had already started :/

                That'll teach me to `assume' that I'm eligible =)

                Nima

                --
                Nima Talebiw: http://ai.autonomy.net.au/
                p: +61-4-0667-7607  m: nima@...