Re: [aima-talk] Fig 3.1 vs rest of chapter?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2009
      You're right; Fig 3.1 is not well-integrated with the text -- but we will have better integration in the 3rd edition of AIMA.

      As for how it works: the idea is that if the agent has a plan (in the variable seq), it executes the plan, one step each time it is called.  If it does not have a plan, it forumlates a goal, then a problem, then searches for a plan that solves the problem, then begins executing it.

      -Peter

      On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Bob Futrelle <bob.futrelle@...> wrote:
      The formulation in Fig 3.1 is not mentioned again, so its application
      to the clear examples in Sec 3.2 is obscure at best.

      How *does* it apply? Esp. since it only returns a single action.

        -- Bob Futrelle

      Newton Mass &
      Northeastern University
      Sent from my iPhone

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:aima-talk-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:aima-talk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Victor Dalmagro
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9 8:13 AM
        Hi all!

        I'm new in AI and I cannot understand this algorithm. Can anybody give me a help?

        Thanks in advance!

        Victor

        Yahoo! Cocina
        Recetas prácticas y comida saludable