Fig 3.1 vs rest of chapter?

  • Bob Futrelle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2009
      The formulation in Fig 3.1 is not mentioned again, so its application
      to the clear examples in Sec 3.2 is obscure at best.

      How *does* it apply? Esp. since it only returns a single action.

      -- Bob Futrelle

      Newton Mass &
      Northeastern University
      Sent from my iPhone
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2009
        You're right; Fig 3.1 is not well-integrated with the text -- but we will have better integration in the 3rd edition of AIMA.

        As for how it works: the idea is that if the agent has a plan (in the variable seq), it executes the plan, one step each time it is called.  If it does not have a plan, it forumlates a goal, then a problem, then searches for a plan that solves the problem, then begins executing it.

        -Peter

        On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Bob Futrelle <bob.futrelle@...> wrote:
        The formulation in Fig 3.1 is not mentioned again, so its application
        to the clear examples in Sec 3.2 is obscure at best.

        How *does* it apply? Esp. since it only returns a single action.

          -- Bob Futrelle

        Newton Mass &
        Northeastern University
        Sent from my iPhone

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:aima-talk-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:aima-talk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Victor Dalmagro
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2009
          Hi all!

          I'm new in AI and I cannot understand this algorithm. Can anybody give me a help?

          Thanks in advance!

          Victor

          Yahoo! Cocina
          Recetas prácticas y comida saludable