Re: [aima-talk] Re: AIMA python

  • Nima Talebi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008
      Hi Mani

      I've started writing a framework, however it's not necessarily because there doesn't exist a framework which I can use (maybe one exists that is good, and maybe there isn't)...  My main reason is to get a deeper understanding; As Confucious said...

      I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

      Anyway, I'm using Objective-C and C, and the Cocoa framework.  I'd like to learn how to integrate python and ObjC (I think it is possible, but have failed to get it working)... I think that would be awesome for me - as I can write proof-of-concepts in python, then convert parts to C/ObjC as I see fit.

      So far I've implemented a Multi-layer (non-recurrent) NN with back-prop in python, SOM with various 1D, 2D and 3D lattices and an OpenGL view of the machine learning, and similarly a Perceptron.

      I'm not sure how many people here would be interested in writing Mac software though =)

      Nima

      On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Mani Sabri <mani_sabri@...> wrote:

      No doubt that python makes a good implementation language. and it will
      be fast enough if we use Pyrex or Cython along with c/c++ extensions.
      I wrote some code for multi-Agent realtime environments and later I
      found out that there is a project named SPADE (Smart Python
      multi-Agent Development Environment) which use XMPP/Jabber and
      implements FIPA standards but the problem with SPADE is that there is
      no community around them (no forum no mailing list just the emails of
      the owners).
      so I don't know where to start, I want to learn and to have a serious
      framework at the end of my study, may be its not the right direction
      (is it?) but if it is I will be glad to contribute to this project or
      make a fork of it and ...

      Best Regards
      Mani

      --