Re: Fig. 3.4 Edition 2

  • kiana
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, ramanathan pl <ramkrshn36@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > When I was going through the 8 puzzle example in fig. 3.4 of AIMA
      2nd edition, I found that from the given start state (7 2 4 5 0 6 8 3
      1), it is NOT possible to reach the given Goal state ( 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
      7 8) since both the states belong to two disjoint sets and it is not
      possible to transform from a state in one set to a state in another
      set , immaterial of how many moves we make.

      > Any similar comments and discussions appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Ram

      It's evident two disjoint sets of all possible states for the 8-
      puzzle problem exist. However, I don't understand. I would assume it
      is possible to reach any state from a given state. What are the
      differences between the two disjoint sets? I am seriously confused.
      _________