MiniMax & Alpha-Beta Pruning

  • daashmashty
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      I've been reading AIMA religiously, and making my notes on a wiki. In trying to get a clear
      understanding of MiniMax and Alpha-Beta pruning, I've tried to illustrate it via an example...

      * http://ai.autonomy.net.au/wiki/Algorithms/AlphaBetaPruning
      * http://ai.autonomy.net.au/wiki/Algorithms/MiniMax

      ...however I do not have complete confidence in this yet, could anyone here have a look and
      tell me if it is indeed correct, or if it is incorrect, where the error is.

      A big thanks in advance =)

      Nima
    • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 10:43:55AM -0000, daashmashty wrote:

        > I've been reading AIMA religiously, and making my notes on a wiki. In
        > trying to get a clear understanding of MiniMax and Alpha-Beta pruning, I've
        > tried to illustrate it via an example...
        >
        > * http://ai.autonomy.net.au/wiki/Algorithms/AlphaBetaPruning
        > * http://ai.autonomy.net.au/wiki/Algorithms/MiniMax

        You might consider using the Wikipedia, either to understand it, or to
        improve its pages.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-beta_pruning

        --
        Iván F. Villanueva B.
      • Nima Talebi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
          Hi Iván, everybody,

          Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of the wikipedia pages, this is more about putting the algorithms to practice, which is what I've attempted to do, in hope to make it useful for myself and hopefully others.

          I'm after an objective feedback and would like to know if what I have demonstrated is correct, or otherwise.  I don't feel comfortable with myself being the only person verifying the correctness of my implementation.

          I'd still like any feedback on this and would greatly appreciate it.

          Nima