Re: [aima-talk] question about CLIPS

  • Serguei Mokhov
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2002
      From: "Alberto Vera" <artificialintelligenceperu@...>
      Sent: September 10, 2002 11:37 AM

      > hello
      > I copied this example of a book about CLIPS

      Which book exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

      > This program has "blocks" and the objective is to put the block C over the block E
      > Does anybody know when it stop?

      When the objective is met. ;)

      > The objective is (objetivo (poner C)(encima-de E)) but i don't
      > understand when it stop.

      Did you try to run it? :)
      It stops when the facts base doesn't have facts that cause any of
      the rules to fire anymore, i.e. there are no more matched rules
      on the agenda. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask)

      In your case when the objective is gone, it stops.

      Here is the sample printout of with options (watch rules) and
      (watch facts) set. An ==> means a fact is added to a facts base,
      and an <== means, the fact is retracted from there. The rules
      are placed onto agenda when their left-hand-side (LHS) matches the facts in
      the facts base, the order they fire in (in case several rules
      matched at a time) is determined by rules' priorities and/or a
      conflict-resolution policy.

      CLIPS> (watch facts)
      CLIPS> (watch rules)
      CLIPS> (load blocks.clp)
      Defining deftemplate: objetivo
      Defining deffacts: estado-inicial
      Defining defrule: mover-directamente +j+j+j
      Defining defrule: poner-en-el-piso +j+j
      Defining defrule: despejar-bloque-superior =j+j
      Defining defrule: despejar-bloque-inferior =j+j
      TRUE
      CLIPS> (reset)
      ==> f-0 (initial-fact)
      ==> f-1 (pila A B C)
      ==> f-2 (pila D E F)
      ==> f-3 (objetivo (poner C) (encima-de E))
      ==> f-4 (pila)
      CLIPS> (run)
      FIRE 1 despejar-bloque-superior: f-3,f-1
      ==> f-5 (objetivo (poner A) (encima-de piso))
      FIRE 2 poner-en-el-piso: f-5,f-1
      <== f-5 (objetivo (poner A) (encima-de piso))
      <== f-1 (pila A B C)
      ==> f-6 (pila A)
      ==> f-7 (pila B C)
      A puesto en el piso
      FIRE 3 despejar-bloque-superior: f-3,f-7
      ==> f-8 (objetivo (poner B) (encima-de piso))
      FIRE 4 poner-en-el-piso: f-8,f-7
      <== f-8 (objetivo (poner B) (encima-de piso))
      <== f-7 (pila B C)
      ==> f-9 (pila B)
      ==> f-10 (pila C)
      B puesto en el piso
      FIRE 5 despejar-bloque-inferior: f-3,f-2
      ==> f-11 (objetivo (poner D) (encima-de piso))
      FIRE 6 poner-en-el-piso: f-11,f-2
      <== f-11 (objetivo (poner D) (encima-de piso))
      <== f-2 (pila D E F)
      ==> f-12 (pila D)
      ==> f-13 (pila E F)
      D puesto en el piso
      FIRE 7 mover-directamente: f-3,f-10,f-13
      <== f-3 (objetivo (poner C) (encima-de E))
      <== f-10 (pila C)
      <== f-13 (pila E F)
      ==> f-14 (pila C E F)
      C puesto encima de E.
      CLIPS> (facts)
      f-0 (initial-fact)
      f-4 (pila)
      f-6 (pila A)
      f-9 (pila B)
      f-12 (pila D)
      f-14 (pila C E F)
      For a total of 6 facts.
      CLIPS>
    • Alberto Vera
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2002

        Thank you very much for your help.

        The book's title in Spanish is: Sistemas Expertos. Principios y Programacion

        I hope this title in English might be: Expert Systems. Principles and Programming

        Author: Joseph Giarratano and Gary Riley

        Third Edition

         it was published in English by PWS Publishing Company and its ISBN: 0-534-95053-1

        Best Regards

        > I copied this example of a book about CLIPS

        Which book exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

        Yahoo! Messenger