Hybrid Bayesian Network Question

  • yakfarmer78
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21 6:56 PM
      Hello,

      First I would like to say I read AIMA 2nd edition for fun and it was fantastic.

      I have been studying the hybrid Bayesian network for an application and am wearing out
      pages 501 and 502 which talk about combining a discrete true/false parent (Subsidy) and
      a continuous parent (Harvest) into a linear Gaussian distribution.

      I am simply not seeing where the variables required as parameters for the Gaussian are
      coming from. It seems that the h variable is the Harvest, and Subsidy would be some
      probability.

      The extra variables are:
      a-true, b-true, stddev-true
      a-false, b-false, stddev-false