Re: File for building Java code for algorithms in the book

  • Michael B. Enders
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
      Although you seemed to have missed some of the points in my orginal
      message, you have answered my question - which is where the files I
      need to import are located so that I can download them. When I said
      the missing file did not exist, I meant that it did not exist on my
      computer. Until you told me, I did not know that what I needed was in
      the v 0.92 archive. It would have done no good to set the CLASSPATH to
      look for a file in a place on my computer where I knew there was no
      file to import. Until I downloaded and unzipped the archive there was
      not even a path to the file.

      The whole point of my trying to get the Java code was to have something
      to help me understand the pseudocode, and hopefully to use my
      understanding of this pseudocode example to figure out the pseudocode
      later in the book. I think I probably have enough experience with Java
      to follow the logic of the code will have the opportunity to step
      through it with a debugger to help me understand it - and then use the
      Java code to figure out the pseudocode. For the Python and Lisp code
      to help, I would first have to learn Python or Lisp. I understand the
      ALPHA-BETA-SEARCH algorithm, but from sources other than the
      pseudocode; what I am struggling with is trying to understand the
      authors' pseudocode style so I can understand algorithms later in the
      book.
    • Ravi Mohan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
        Michael,

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Michael B. Enders"
        <michael.b.enders@...> wrote:

        > Although you seemed to have missed some of the points in my orginal
        > message, you have answered my question - which is where the files I
        > need to import are located so that I can download them. When I said
        > the missing file did not exist, I meant that it did not exist on my
        > computer. Until you told me, I did not know that what I needed was in
        > the v 0.92 archive.

        Every distribution ever made of AIMA java has had the requisite files
        to run every algorithm in that distribution. Nothing special about
        the 0.92 archive. Once you download the archive and unzip the archive,
        the files are on your computer (needless to say). Otherwise not
        (needless to say). The demo files show usage of particular classes.

        That said, if my message helped, that is good news.

        Regds,
        Ravi
      • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 10:47:32PM -0000, Ravi Mohan wrote:
          > [...]
          > You do need to download the aima-java v 0.92 archive from
          > http://code.google.com/p/aima-java/downloads/list.
          > [...]
          > Ivan Villaneuva has a parallel implementation of most of the
          > algorithms at
          http://www.artificialidea.com/index.php?page=algorithms

          Many thanks for the reference !

          --