as an instructor i need a bit help

  • a_s_khan_b
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12 11:24 AM
      i want to follow this book in my teaching of AI course. when i was
      taught this course at that time i worked on Prolog , but now i want to
      work on LISP , i have intel machines , will please someone tell me
      which LISP version is best for the codes of this book. and can i
      download that for educational purpose.
      abdul samad
    • Susan Savastinuk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13 4:57 AM
        In my AI class two years ago, we downloaded LispWorks as the programming environment. It was fine for most of what we did.

        Good luck!
        Susan

        i want to follow this book in my teaching of AI course. when i was
        taught this course at that time i worked on Prolog , but now i want to
        work on LISP , i have intel machines , will please someone tell me
        which LISP version is best for the codes of this book. and can i
        download that for educational purpose.
        abdul samad

      • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13 6:41 AM
          On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 06:24:13PM -0000, a_s_khan_b wrote:
          > i want to follow this book in my teaching of AI course. when i was
          > taught this course at that time i worked on Prolog , but now i want to
          > work on LISP , i have intel machines , will please someone tell me
          > which LISP version is best for the codes of this book. and can i
          > download that for educational purpose.
          > abdul samad

          More about the Lisp Code of AIMA:
          http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/lisp/doc/overview.html

          For Intel machines there is of course Linux variants like www.debian.org which
          includes GNU CLISP, a Common Lisp implementation. Debian and GNU CLISP are
          completely free.

          However, I don't know if the Lisp Aima Code works well with GNU CLISP?

          A list of other free Lisp implementations is on:

          http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Common_Lisp/Installation

          --
          Iván F. Villanueva B.
          http://www.ffii.org
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 13 7:51 AM

            As a student I was using LispWorks and was pretty good.

            Regards,

            Jorge

            Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.� Claim your treat today!