Re: [aima-talk] Errata and comments - stray minus sign, Bayes, H&B

    Message 1 of 5 , May 27 10:33 AM
      That's an interesting idea.  Of course the publishers, not the authors, are thee ones with the right to do that.  But the authors can encourage the publishers to do so.

      -Peter

      On 5/27/07, Ivan F. Villanueva B. <ivan@...> wrote:
      On Sat, May 26, 2007 01:26:22PM -0700, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:
      > I'd like to begin my comments on "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern
      > Approach, 2nd Edition" by saying that this is a truly, truly excellent
      > book, which I recommend to all technically minded friends

      But the content of the book is not free. It would be great if the
      authors will release at least some parts (e.g. the Summaries and the
      Bibliographical and Historical Notes) in a Creative Commons License.
      For instance I would like to incorporate some parts in my open source project,
      and others maybe interested in doing the same on Wikipedia articles.

      --
      Iván F. Villanueva B.
      A.I. project http://www.artificialidea.com

    • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2007

        On Sun, May 27, 2007 10:33:10AM -0700, Peter Norvig wrote:
        > That's an interesting idea. Of course the publishers, not the authors, are
        > thee ones with the right to do that. But the authors can encourage the
        > publishers to do so.

        That's probably because the authors, not the publishers, didn't care enough
        about the rights of the published work and the specific parts of the contract.

        I would suggest a license like that for as many parts of the book as possible:

        http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

        That would be really great. We are in the 21. century, with amazing new things
        like Wikipedia. Help the new generation!

        --
        Iván F. Villanueva B.
        A.I. Open Source project: -- www.artificialidea.com