loebner

  • marzieh_minooyee
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2007
      i want know about loebner and how was win loebner prizr in this year?
    • femialla
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
        The BBC has a technology program, Digital Planet which I listen to
        regularly. The program covered the event in the
        September 18th, 2006 edition. I can give you the podcast. Meet me at
        podcastexchange@yahoogroups.com

        The website for the Loebner price is:

        http://loebner.net

        I made notes while I listened. I'll paste them here. Remember, this
        was a note I made while listening. It may not read very smoothly...

        The 2006 Contest was held Sunday, Sept 17, 2006
        at University College London

        Annual competition for machines that try to mimic human conversations.
        Judges type comments and questions into terminals and see if they can
        tell if the replies are from human volunteers or computers.
        No machines has won the top price.
        2005 winner was AI machine named George.
        Offspring Joan won 2006 competition.

        Competition took place at University college, London.
        $100,000 for passing the Turning price.

        Hugu Lobner, sponsor of the Lobner prize for Artifical intelligence
        PHD in Sociology

        In favour of a 100% unemployement, thinks competition can bring that
        day closer.

        Rollo Carpenter won 2005 and 2006 Loebner Prize.
        You can chat with joan at:
        http://www.jabberwacky.com
        Now an AI avatar.
        Joan learns from what everybody says to him on the internet.

        http://loebner.net/Prizef/minsky.html

        In 1990 Hugh Loebner agreed with The Cambridge Center for Behavioral
        Studies to underwrite a contest designed to implement the Turing Test.
        Dr. Loebner pledged a Grand Prize of $100,000 and a Gold Medal
        (pictured above) for the first computer whose responses were
        indistinguishable from a human's. Such a computer can be said "to
        think." Each year an annual prize of $2000 and a bronze medal is
        awarded to the most human-like computer. The winner of the annual
        contest is the best entry relative to other entries that year,
        irrespective of how good it is in an absolute sense.

        -----End of note---

        Thanks.

        Femi Alla

        femialla_at_hotmail.com