Chapter 7 Question 6

  • Julie Avery
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2006
      Hi, I'm having trouble understanding this question. How can there be
      other connectives other than the ones already mentioned? Can someone
      give me an example please?

      Thanks.
    • Ravi Mohan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2006

        you might want to look at what "binary connective" actually means.
        hint:- Every possible truth table you can create using two variables
        in effect defines a "binary connective"; and there are more than 4
        such tables though most of them are useless (the question asks you to
        think about why).

        e.g: NAND or even something made up like UFALSE (defined as the
        results are always FALSE irrespective of the values of A AND B).

        Hope that helps,
        Regards,
        ravi
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Avery" <cookiesncream85@...>