how to run python's Graphical User Interface for Environments in agents.py

  • Сергій
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006

      # GUI - Graphical User Interface for Environments
      # If you do not have Tkinter installed, either get a new installation of Python
      # (Tkinter is standard in all new releases), or delete the rest of this file
      # and muddle through without a GUI.

      I have python24.
      But just "v = VacuumEnvironment(); w = EnvFrame(v);" do nothing - there is no Graphical User Interface for Environments.
      What am I doing wrong and how to compel this piece of code to return a Graphical User Interface for Environments?

      Thanks in advance for help.
    • sergijka
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "ÁÕàÓöÙ" <kyxaxa@...> wrote:

        > It is said in the http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/agents.html:
        >
        > # GUI - Graphical User Interface for Environments
        > # If you do not have Tkinter installed, either get a new
        installation of
        > Python
        > # (Tkinter is standard in all new releases), or delete the rest of
        this file
        > # and muddle through without a GUI.
        >
        > I have python24.
        > But just "*v = VacuumEnvironment(); w = EnvFrame(v);*" do nothing -
        there is
        > no Graphical User Interface for Environments.
        > What am I doing wrong and how to compel this piece of code to
        return a
        > Graphical
        > User Interface for Environments?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for help.

        Well, the code

        "
        v = VacuumEnvironment()
        w = EnvFrame(v)
        w.mainloop()
        "

        draw the grid (for us this is environment for agent) where the agent
        will live.

        But how to compel different agents to live in this environment?...