Re: [aima-talk] I am struct in definition of AI

  • [3!|_/\|_
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11 11:07 AM
      These 4 definitions are basically the four broad categories of work done in field of AI.
      Researchers initially thought that to make an AI system they need computers/programs that think like human - Turing Test is still unsolvable.
      Then this thinking had its limitation because human neural net cannot be simulated by current technology.And it is hard to describe how human mind works.
      So people started to think about systems that act like humans though there back end working may be different.
      The approach is suitable for many systems but not all.
      For those other system the need was to make the system think and take decisios rationally this along with systems that act rationally i.e inferencing like human mind are areas where AI flourishes more today.
      Because to make a system that act like human is just like saying that to make an aeroplane, the mechanism should be just like bird.Which isnt the case infact the inspiration was taken by watchin the birds fly and transformed through some mechanism to making of aeroplane.
      Same goes for systems that act rationally, their decision is some what like human intelligence but the working/inferencing may not be the same.

      This is what i have understood while studying AI and Knowledge Engeenering. May be missing a point or two.
      Addition / contradiction to it will definetly broaden our thinking

      Paras Babu Tiwari <punarwas@...> wrote:
      Fren I can't understand the four definition of AI
      1)Acting Humanly
      2)Thinking Humanly
      3)Acting Rationally
      4)Thinking Rationally