Re: [aima-talk] Digest Number 371

  • veeramanju kalyan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2006
      Dear Farid
      I feel that Prolog is widely used and it is better you learn Prolog
      ktv
      --- aima-talk@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. What are the best online resources available for AIMA?
      > From: Farid B <farid_behnia@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
      > From: Farid B <farid_behnia@...>
      > Subject: What are the best online resources available for AIMA?
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > A few days ago, in search for some online resources on AIMA I cam across the
      > iCampus educational project at MIT available at:
      >
      > http://icampustutor.csail.mit.edu/6.034-public/
      >
      > Now, my question is: Does any of you guys have any experience with it? Since
      > one of the major prerequisites is learning Scheme programming language, is it
      > worth the overhead of learning a new language? I live in Iran and Prolog is
      > mostly advocated as the de facto programming language to learn for A.I.
      > Should I go with Prolog or Scheme?
      >
      > As for other online resources, we all know that there are TONs of
      > presentation slides available for AIMA. Russel's slides are fine, but they're
      > mostly aimed at the professor and not the students, I suppose. Do you have
      > any other resouces/slides/etc to recommend?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Blab-away for as little as 1�/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
      > Messenger with Voice.
      >
      > [This message contained attachments]

      K.T.VEERAMANJU 0821-2542152/ Cell 98458 06467
      1134, SREE VEERABHADRA .
      TONACHIKOPPAL 4th STAGE
      PADUVANA RASTHE 1st CROSS
      KUVEMPUNAGAR (NEAR JYOTHI STORES/Kavita Bakery)
      MYSORE 570 023
      INDIA

      Good THOUGHTS lead to good ACTIONS

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Ramon Antonio Parada
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006
        I am very interested in the course you are talking about. Do you think it is too late to start it?

        --
        Ramon Antonio Parada
        Skype: ramon.parada
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006

          Assuming this question is addressed to me, and you're
          talking about the MIT icampus courses, I should say:
          I've just started the "structure and interpretation of
          computer programs" which teaches Scheme alongside
          other things and tiptoed the AI course. Both have
          proved to be great so far. And it's never late.(Well,
          speaking of myself here, I only have 2 months to the
          end of my semester.)

          Cheers

          http://mail.yahoo.com