Chapter 14. Enumeration-Ask clarification

  • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hello,
      after having read the algorithm Enumeration-Ask (chapter 14) it seems to me that
      it will only work if the function VARS[BayesNet] returns the variables in order.
      For instance it works if the first variable returned is Earthquake. But it
      wouldn't work if it was Alarm.

      I wonder if I have missed the explanation in the book, I have made a
      mistake in the thought above, or is something obvious. In the last case I think,
      for readers like me, that an explicit explanation could help.

      I have take a look at the Java code and it seems that the function VARS orders
      the variables appropriately.

      Regards,
      --
      Ivan F. Villanueva B.