AI today...

  • Tommy Gun
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
      More than likely, military applications will have more AI than any other field.  After all, the better that AI gets, the less likely that people will have to go into harm's way, which is what is preferrable.   Just think about a cruise missile and all of the computations and decisions it has to make to get to a precise target 1000 miles away flying along the ground.  Would it be better to have something like that flown by a pilot?  UAVs and aircraft are an up and becoming field for AI.

      Just my $.02     I could be wrong...

      Yahoo! Shopping
    • mauh_136
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2006
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Tommy Gun <thompsoncdrum@...>
        wrote:

        > More than likely, military applications will have more AI than any
        other field. After all, the better that AI gets, the less likely
        that people will have to go into harm's way, which is what is
        preferrable. Just think about a cruise missile and all of the
        computations and decisions it has to make to get to a precise target
        1000 miles away flying along the ground. Would it be better to have
        something like that flown by a pilot? UAVs and aircraft are an up
        and becoming field for AI.

        > Just my $.02 I could be wrong...

        > Yahoo! Shopping

        oh yes you are absoloutely right ... i saw a movie yesterday may be
        you people would also have seen that and if not and you are crazy
        abt. AI do see the movie "stealth" it's really nice movie and it's
        completely related to the AI field and ANN(artificial neural
        networks) ... basically you will see what can be the future of
        AI ... ok have fun with it on a cool weekend. bbye