Re: [aima-talk] The future of AI

  • - Adhi 'Netz -
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 21, 2005
      Hi Mattias,

      i wonder if AI can be used to translate all language in this world, still it's a lot works to do,
      but for example like English -> French, but in an everyday language...

      just an idea, because in my country we have 580 dialect,
      so by translate one language into another,
      it will surely help people to understand others better :)

      it can be used in an neural networks system too...

      --- mattias_kristoffersen <mattias@...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI. Perhaps in the
      > mediclal area, to cure and take care of the sick and elderly, or in
      > crime prevention?
      >
      > i just started to read the book and i hope that my time will be well
      > spent.
      >

      > /MK

      - Adhi N. Wirawan -
      adnetz@...
      .eVolutioN EveryTime.

      __________________________________
      Meet your soulmate!
      Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
      http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic
    • j1mmy_n3u7120n
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 22, 2005
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:

        > On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
        > > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
        > > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.
        >
        > > Research!
        > > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.
        >
        > Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is
        related with AI.
        > I'm very interested in. Some links ?
        >
        > --
        > Ivan F. Villanueva B.
        > The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
        > Encrypted mail preferred.
        > GPG Key Id: 3FDBF85F 2004-10-18 Ivan-Fernando Villanueva Barrio

        Most computational problems in biology are being solved using AI
        techniques. I give a few links below,
        1. Evaluation of Gene Protein Prediction Programs
        http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/guigo.ps

        2. Locating Protein Coding Regions in Human DNA using a Decision Tree
        Algorithm
        http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/exons.ps.gz

        3. Genetic operators for the DNA fragment-assembly problem
        ftp://mammoth.cs.unm.edu/pub/forrest/dna-fragment-94.ps.gz

        4. Machine Learning in Molecular Biology Sequence Analysis
        http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/chan91machine.html

        There are several such things going on, the field is basically called
        computational biology or bioinformatics. One link that is of quite an
        interest would be,
        Blue Brain Project
        http://bluebrainproject.epfl.ch/

        -- AI
      • Robert Futrelle
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2006
          I could presumably slug through getting it to work, but wondering if
          anyone else has tried openmcl. It seems to be pretty solid, but not
          behaving too well in trying to get started.

          - Bob Futrelle