Re: The future of AI

  • j1mmy_n3u7120n
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 19, 2005
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
      <mattias@k...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI. Perhaps in the
      > mediclal area, to cure and take care of the sick and elderly, or in
      > crime prevention?
      >
      > i just started to read the book and i hope that my time will be well
      > spent.
      >

      > /MK

      Research!
      AI is going to drive research in biology in the future. Infact, i may
      even go to the extent of saying immediate future.

      -- AI
    • - Adhi 'Netz -
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 21, 2005
        Hi Mattias,

        i wonder if AI can be used to translate all language in this world, still it's a lot works to do,
        but for example like English -> French, but in an everyday language...

        just an idea, because in my country we have 580 dialect,
        so by translate one language into another,
        it will surely help people to understand others better :)

        it can be used in an neural networks system too...

        --- mattias_kristoffersen <mattias@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI. Perhaps in the
        > mediclal area, to cure and take care of the sick and elderly, or in
        > crime prevention?
        >
        > i just started to read the book and i hope that my time will be well
        > spent.
        >

        > /MK

        - Adhi N. Wirawan -
        adnetz@...
        .eVolutioN EveryTime.

        __________________________________
        Meet your soulmate!
        Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
        http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic
      • Ivan Villanueva
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 22, 2005
          On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
          > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
          > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.

          > Research!
          > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.

          Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is related with AI.
          I'm very interested in. Some links ?

          --
          Ivan F. Villanueva B.
          The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 22, 2005
            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:

            > On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
            > > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
            > > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.
            >
            > > Research!
            > > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.
            >
            > Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is
            related with AI.
            > I'm very interested in. Some links ?
            >
            > --
            > Ivan F. Villanueva B.
            > The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
            > Encrypted mail preferred.
            > GPG Key Id: 3FDBF85F 2004-10-18 Ivan-Fernando Villanueva Barrio

            Most computational problems in biology are being solved using AI
            techniques. I give a few links below,
            1. Evaluation of Gene Protein Prediction Programs
            http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/guigo.ps

            2. Locating Protein Coding Regions in Human DNA using a Decision Tree
            Algorithm
            http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/exons.ps.gz

            3. Genetic operators for the DNA fragment-assembly problem
            ftp://mammoth.cs.unm.edu/pub/forrest/dna-fragment-94.ps.gz

            4. Machine Learning in Molecular Biology Sequence Analysis
            http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/chan91machine.html

            There are several such things going on, the field is basically called
            computational biology or bioinformatics. One link that is of quite an
            interest would be,
            Blue Brain Project
            http://bluebrainproject.epfl.ch/

            -- AI
          • Robert Futrelle
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2006
              I could presumably slug through getting it to work, but wondering if
              anyone else has tried openmcl. It seems to be pretty solid, but not
              behaving too well in trying to get started.

              - Bob Futrelle