Re: [aima-talk] The future of AI

  • Maithreebhanu Wimalasekare
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 18, 2005
      what about the entertainment bussines....games with AI....rem last year gross rev of games far exceeded the movie ind. And most of these "big money" games had AI...

      Ivan Villanueva <ivan@...> wrote:
      > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.

      I'm afraid it would be in the armament industry if we continue doing nothing to
      stop countries invading others and to stop the growing gap between rich and
      poor.

      Iván Villanueva

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • j1mmy_n3u7120n
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 19, 2005
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
        <mattias@k...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI. Perhaps in the
        > mediclal area, to cure and take care of the sick and elderly, or in
        > crime prevention?
        >
        > i just started to read the book and i hope that my time will be well
        > spent.
        >

        > /MK

        Research!
        AI is going to drive research in biology in the future. Infact, i may
        even go to the extent of saying immediate future.

        -- AI
      • - Adhi 'Netz -
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 21, 2005
          Hi Mattias,

          i wonder if AI can be used to translate all language in this world, still it's a lot works to do,
          but for example like English -> French, but in an everyday language...

          just an idea, because in my country we have 580 dialect,
          so by translate one language into another,
          it will surely help people to understand others better :)

          it can be used in an neural networks system too...

          --- mattias_kristoffersen <mattias@...> wrote:

          > Hi all!
          >
          > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI. Perhaps in the
          > mediclal area, to cure and take care of the sick and elderly, or in
          > crime prevention?
          >
          > i just started to read the book and i hope that my time will be well
          > spent.
          >

          > /MK

          - Adhi N. Wirawan -
          adnetz@...
          .eVolutioN EveryTime.

          __________________________________
          Meet your soulmate!
          Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
          http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic
        • Ivan Villanueva
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 22, 2005
            On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
            > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
            > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.

            > Research!
            > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.

            Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is related with AI.
            I'm very interested in. Some links ?

            --
            Ivan F. Villanueva B.
            The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 22, 2005
              --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:

              > On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
              > > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
              > > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.
              >
              > > Research!
              > > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.
              >
              > Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is
              related with AI.
              > I'm very interested in. Some links ?
              >
              > --
              > Ivan F. Villanueva B.
              > The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
              > Encrypted mail preferred.
              > GPG Key Id: 3FDBF85F 2004-10-18 Ivan-Fernando Villanueva Barrio

              Most computational problems in biology are being solved using AI
              techniques. I give a few links below,
              1. Evaluation of Gene Protein Prediction Programs
              http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/guigo.ps

              2. Locating Protein Coding Regions in Human DNA using a Decision Tree
              Algorithm
              http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/exons.ps.gz

              3. Genetic operators for the DNA fragment-assembly problem
              ftp://mammoth.cs.unm.edu/pub/forrest/dna-fragment-94.ps.gz

              4. Machine Learning in Molecular Biology Sequence Analysis
              http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/chan91machine.html

              There are several such things going on, the field is basically called
              computational biology or bioinformatics. One link that is of quite an
              interest would be,
              Blue Brain Project
              http://bluebrainproject.epfl.ch/

              -- AI
            • Robert Futrelle
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2006
                I could presumably slug through getting it to work, but wondering if
                anyone else has tried openmcl. It seems to be pretty solid, but not
                behaving too well in trying to get started.

                - Bob Futrelle