another question about the heuristic function

  • oldatum
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2005
      Hello all,

      I met this when I was doing my homework.

      Prove that, if the heuristic function h never overestimates by more
      than cost c, A* search using h returns a solution whose cost exceeds
      that of the optimal solution by no more than c.

      This is Question 4.6 from AIMA book. Any hints will be very much
      appreciated.

      Regards,
      odm