Re: Help needed in developing intelligent agent

  • mohan_bg2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29 1:09 AM

      Thank you very much for:

      AT Murray
      Mohammad Assarian
      Osamah alsaidi

      all three of you for showing me some direction to go ahead with the
      implementation. I will explore them and request help if needed.

      Thank you very much indeed.

      regards,
      mohan_bg
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Osamah alsaidi <ibnalsaidi@y...> wrote:
      > First of all, "Knowledge base", this could be your database of
      facts. If you are using prolog then u can start by building a small
      set of facts in a simple file. Now intelligent agent ... well thats
      the good thing about having a book. If you notice, agents differ in
      characteristics. Now for example, some of them remember what they did
      in previous state, some of them don't, some of them update their own
      environment, some of them share the same environment with other
      agents. Now, this all depends on what kind of intelligent agent u r
      trying to build. Maybe also you want to build a learning agent. I
      haven't read the book, but for a start and if it is your first
      program, then you might investigate the theoritical concepts in the
      book and for example, if the book says agents of type xx communicate
      through a common knowledge base, then you encode this in your program
      (but following a formal definition, ex, FSM steps) code. Ex, in prolog
      both agents can update the same environment using
      > assert or retract (beware these two commands donot retract if
      query fails). I never used java for this, but think perhaps two agents
      update the same object (a separate object).

      > Thats all I can think of at this moment, hope it helps.
      >
      > Good luck.
      >

      > mohan_bg2003 <mohan_bg2003@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > I want to develop an intelligent agent with a small knowledge base.
      > But I am not able to find out how to start implementing that. What i
      > am finding in "aima" is the theoritical part of developing an
      > intelligent agent.
      >
      > Can anybody give me some directions how to start developing an
      > intelligent agent(start implementing) and what are the tools available
      > and required to develop such an intelligent agent.
      >
      > regards,
      > mohan_bg

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
    • AT Murray
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29 8:35 PM
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com,
        "mohan_bg2003" <mohan_bg2003@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Thank you very much for:
        >
        > AT Murray
        > Mohammad Assarian
        > Osamah alsaidi
        >
        > all three of you for showing me some direction to go ahead with the
        > implementation. I will explore them and request help if needed.
        >
        > Thank you very much indeed.
        >
        > regards,
        > mohan_bg

        You are very welcome.

        By the way, today on 29 August 2005 I finally achieved True AI in

        http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html -- Mind.Forth as in

        http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 (1998 ACM) and

        http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1052883.1052885 (2004 ACM).

        http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html is the AI theory.

        http://mind.sourceforge.net/m4thuser.html is the User Manual.

        It has taken many years to solve AI in both theory and software.

        Now all the AI textbooks ought to be rewritten about True AI.

        I would welcome anyone showing that Mind.Forth does not think.

        http://www.914pcbots.com has detailed info in the A.I. Zone.