Re: [aima-talk] Help needed in developing intelligent agent

  • Osamah alsaidi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
      First of all, "Knowledge base", this could be your database of facts. If you are using prolog then u can start by building a small set of facts in a simple file. Now intelligent agent ... well thats the good thing about having a book. If you notice, agents differ in characteristics. Now for example, some of them remember what they did in previous state, some of them don't, some of them update their own environment, some of them share the same environment with other agents. Now, this all depends on what kind of intelligent agent u r trying to build. Maybe also you want to build a learning agent. I haven't read the book, but for a start and if it is your first program, then you might investigate the theoritical concepts in the book and for example, if the book says agents of type xx communicate through a common knowledge base, then you encode this in your program (but following a formal definition, ex, FSM steps) code. Ex, in prolog both agents can update the same environment using assert  or retract (beware these two commands donot retract if query fails). I never used java for this, but think perhaps two agents update the same object (a separate object).

      Thats all I can think of at this moment, hope it helps.

      Good luck.

      mohan_bg2003 <mohan_bg2003@...> wrote:
      Hi everybody,

      I want to develop an intelligent agent with a small knowledge base.
      But I am not able to find out how to start implementing that. What i
      am finding in "aima" is the theoritical part of developing an
      intelligent agent.

      Can anybody give me some directions how to start developing an
      intelligent agent(start implementing) and what are the tools available
      and required to develop such an intelligent agent.

      regards,
      mohan_bg

    • mohammad assarian
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2005
        Hi dear sir.
        Agent can be everything that receive information from real world then make an action.You can design an intelligent wnoledgebase in expert system environment with a shell such as VPX or CLIPS  etc that receive data ffrom user and analyse them and answer to what that you enter.It will be an intelligent agent.
        good lock.
        M.Assarian

        mohan_bg2003 <mohan_bg2003@...> wrote:
        Hi everybody,

        I want to develop an intelligent agent with a small knowledge base.
        But I am not able to find out how to start implementing that. What i
        am finding in "aima" is the theoritical part of developing an
        intelligent agent.

        Can anybody give me some directions how to start developing an
        intelligent agent(start implementing) and what are the tools available
        and required to develop such an intelligent agent.

        regards,
        mohan_bg

      • mohan_bg2003
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2005

          Thank you very much for:

          AT Murray
          Mohammad Assarian
          Osamah alsaidi

          all three of you for showing me some direction to go ahead with the
          implementation. I will explore them and request help if needed.

          Thank you very much indeed.

          regards,
          mohan_bg
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Osamah alsaidi <ibnalsaidi@y...> wrote:
          > First of all, "Knowledge base", this could be your database of
          facts. If you are using prolog then u can start by building a small
          set of facts in a simple file. Now intelligent agent ... well thats
          the good thing about having a book. If you notice, agents differ in
          characteristics. Now for example, some of them remember what they did
          in previous state, some of them don't, some of them update their own
          environment, some of them share the same environment with other
          agents. Now, this all depends on what kind of intelligent agent u r
          trying to build. Maybe also you want to build a learning agent. I
          haven't read the book, but for a start and if it is your first
          program, then you might investigate the theoritical concepts in the
          book and for example, if the book says agents of type xx communicate
          through a common knowledge base, then you encode this in your program
          (but following a formal definition, ex, FSM steps) code. Ex, in prolog
          both agents can update the same environment using
          > assert or retract (beware these two commands donot retract if
          query fails). I never used java for this, but think perhaps two agents
          update the same object (a separate object).

          > Thats all I can think of at this moment, hope it helps.
          >
          > Good luck.
          >

          > mohan_bg2003 <mohan_bg2003@y...> wrote:
          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > I want to develop an intelligent agent with a small knowledge base.
          > But I am not able to find out how to start implementing that. What i
          > am finding in "aima" is the theoritical part of developing an
          > intelligent agent.
          >
          > Can anybody give me some directions how to start developing an
          > intelligent agent(start implementing) and what are the tools available
          > and required to develop such an intelligent agent.
          >
          > regards,
          > mohan_bg

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
        • AT Murray
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29, 2005
            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com,
            "mohan_bg2003" <mohan_bg2003@y...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Thank you very much for:
            >
            > AT Murray
            > Mohammad Assarian
            > Osamah alsaidi
            >
            > all three of you for showing me some direction to go ahead with the
            > implementation. I will explore them and request help if needed.
            >
            > Thank you very much indeed.
            >
            > regards,
            > mohan_bg

            You are very welcome.

            By the way, today on 29 August 2005 I finally achieved True AI in

            http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html -- Mind.Forth as in

            http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 (1998 ACM) and

            http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1052883.1052885 (2004 ACM).

            http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html is the AI theory.

            http://mind.sourceforge.net/m4thuser.html is the User Manual.

            It has taken many years to solve AI in both theory and software.

            Now all the AI textbooks ought to be rewritten about True AI.

            I would welcome anyone showing that Mind.Forth does not think.

            http://www.914pcbots.com has detailed info in the A.I. Zone.