IKOMAT 2002 CALL FOR PAPERS

  • maumita bhattacharya
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 5:32 AM
      Our apology, if you receive multiple copies of this
      message

      Dear Colleague,

      This is an invitation to I-KOMAT’2002: International
      Workshop on
      Intelligent Knowledge Management Techniques
      (I-KOMAT’2002) to
      be held in conjunction with: KES'2002 (Sixth
      International Conference on
      Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering
      Systems,
      16, 17 & 18 September 2002, Podere d'Ombriano, Crema,
      Italy)

      For detailed information, please visit our web site:

      http://www-mugc.cc.monash.edu.au/~maum/ikomat-02.htm

      **KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT - THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
      WAY**

      International Workshop on Intelligent Knowledge
      Management
      Techniques (I-KOMAT’ 2002) is a technical forum for
      exchanging
      current and future research results /ideas involving
      Computational
      Intelligence for identification, analysis and control
      of knowledge
      assets and processes. The scope of I-KOMAT’ 2002
      covers both
      design and application aspects of various Artificial
      Intelligence
      Techniques like Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy
      Systems,
      Evolutionary algorithms, Hybrid systems, Agents,
      Support
      Vector Machine etc.

      I-KOMAT’ 2002 offers an Interdisciplinary Platform to
      all
      researchers, developers and practitioners dealing with
      AI
      based modeling, ontology and planning techniques
      supporting knowledge management.

      Authors are invited to submit their original and
      unpublished
      work that demonstrate current research in all areas of

      computational intelligence including design of
      artificial
      neural networks, fuzzy systems, evolutionary
      algorithms,
      hybrid systems, agents, and their applications to
      knowledge
      management.

      Topics of interest include but not limited to:

      *Design and modeling aspects of the following
      Computational
      Intelligence Techniques and their applications to
      science, technology,
      commerce, social science and economics:

      -Artificial Neural Networks and Probabilistic
      Reasoning
      -Genetic Algorithms
      -Evolution Strategies
      -Genetic Programming
      -Evolutionary Programming
      -Learning Classifiers
      -Fuzzy Systems including Fuzzy logic and possibility
      theory, Fuzzy expert systems, Fuzzy system modeling
      and simulation
      -Hybrid Soft Computing Techniques like Neuro-Fuzzy,
      fuzzy-GA, GA-Fuzzy etc.
      -Intelligent Agents including Multi-Agents, Autonomous
      Agents
      and Cooperative Agents
      -Support Vector Machines
      -Bayesian networks and probabilistic reasoning
      -Rough sets
      -Case-based Reasoning

      *Data and Knowledge Representation: planning and
      description logics

      *Data and knowledge visualization

      *Knowledge acquisition

      *Models and frameworks of Data Mining techniques

      *Reasoning methods and technologies

      *Knowledge and belief, belief revision and update,
      non-monotonic
      formalisms, uncertainty

      Paper Submission

      Authors of contributed and invited papers are
      requested to submit,
      before March 31, 2002, an article not exceeding five
      pages, of their
      research presentation. Submission implies the
      willingness of at least
      one of the authors to register and present the paper.
      The conference
      proceedings will be published worldwide by IOS Press,
      Amsterdam,
      the Netherlands.

      Papers must correspond to the requirements detailed in
      IOS Instructions
      for the Preparation of a Camera-Ready Manuscript. All
      full papers are to
      be submitted in PDF, postscript or MS word version
      electronically to:
      maumita.bhattacharya@....

      Hard copies should be sent only if electronic
      submission is not possible.
      All papers will be peer reviewed by at least two
      independent referees of
      the international program committee of I-KOMAT'02.

      Extended versions of selected papers will be
      considered for publication in
      the KES Journal (International Journal of
      Knowledge-Based Intelligent
      Engineering Systems).

      Important Dates
      Submission deadline: March 31, 2002
      Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2002
      Camera-ready papers due: May 18, 2002

      - Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.