More hint to solve problem

  • fasisi2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2005
      Dear all,

      I am studying AI autodidactly. I am still on chapter 2 of AIMA, the
      vacuum cleaner problem. Do you have an idea on how to move the vacuum
      (the algorithm)?

      If the vacuum able to scan only the floor underneath, how to keep the
      vacuum from visiting the same position? Should the vacuum remember its
      history of waypoints?

      Can I make the vacuum scans its surroundings (left, front, right)?

      Should the vacuum knows floor's size?

      I need more hint to solve this problem.

      Thank you

      Frans Indroyono
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2005
        There are several exercises that assume different abilities for the
        vacuum, but basically, it can only scan the current position for dirt.
        You need to build a map (or history of waypoints as you put it),
        because the vacuum cannot recognize when it is back someplace it has
        been before.

        -Peter