Re: [aima-talk] What are the active fields in AI?

  • gacantorm@unal.edu.co
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2005

      no estiendo bien lo que me pregunta

    • Robert Futrelle
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2005
        You might find these resources a useful guide:

        http://www.aaai.org/aitopics/html/current.html

        - Bob Futrelle

        >Hi All
        >
        >Can any body help me to know what are the active
        >fields of AI? In other words in what fields the
        >scientists are investigating most?
        >
        >Thanks in advance
        >-Hossein

      • AT Murray
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2005
          One active field in AI is theorizing about how the mind works.

          http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html is a linguistic AI theory.
          Do you know of any other viable theories of mind for AI?

          Another potentially active field is starting an AI like Mind.Forth
          and seeing how long (hours; days; years) the AI may run without the
          AI Mind crashing or the computer crashing.

          http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is the AI Mind.

          The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Sigplan Notices has
          published, six years apart, two articles about Mind.Forth AI:
          http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 -- Dec. 1998;
          http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1052883.1052885 -- Dec. 2004.