What are the active fields in AI?

  • hossein hajizadeh
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27 5:09 AM
      Hi All

      Can any body help me to know what are the active
      fields of AI? In other words in what fields the
      scientists are investigating most?

      Thanks in advance
      -Hossein

    • gacantorm@unal.edu.co
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27 1:02 PM

        no estiendo bien lo que me pregunta

      • Robert Futrelle
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27 1:40 PM
          You might find these resources a useful guide:

          http://www.aaai.org/aitopics/html/current.html

          - Bob Futrelle

          >Hi All
          >
          >Can any body help me to know what are the active
          >fields of AI? In other words in what fields the
          >scientists are investigating most?
          >
          >Thanks in advance
          >-Hossein

        • AT Murray
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27 6:46 PM
            One active field in AI is theorizing about how the mind works.

            http://mind.sourceforge.net/theory5.html is a linguistic AI theory.
            Do you know of any other viable theories of mind for AI?

            Another potentially active field is starting an AI like Mind.Forth
            and seeing how long (hours; days; years) the AI may run without the
            AI Mind crashing or the computer crashing.

            http://mind.sourceforge.net/mind4th.html is the AI Mind.

            The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Sigplan Notices has
            published, six years apart, two articles about Mind.Forth AI:
            http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 -- Dec. 1998;
            http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1052883.1052885 -- Dec. 2004.