Learn AI by autodidact

  • fasisi2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      Dear guys,

      Can you suggest the best way to learn AI by autodidact?
    • mentifex@scn.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2005
        >Dear guys,
        >
        >Can you suggest the best way to learn AI by autodidact?

        http://mind.sourceforge.net/think.html#think is a good start.
      • Ivan Villanueva
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2005
          > Can you suggest the best way to learn AI by autodidact?

          I don't think there is a best way, neither there is such a field as AI.
          People don't agree what is intelligence. E.g. was Deep Blue
          intelligent ?

          However, most people agree about the distinction between 1) classical A.I:
          mainly searches to solve or play games and 2) modern A.I.: mainly
          autonomous robots that learn themselves.

          For classic A.I. the book Aima is a good start.

          For modern A.I. I recommend "Understanding Intelligence" by Rolf
          Pfeifer.

          <advertisement>
          You can finds links related to this books and more in my page:
          http://www.artificialidea.com/books/index.html
          </advertisement>

          Iván.
        • john_f_ellis
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6 6:15 PM
            interesting perspective!

            there are 18 universities in london doing A.I. dgree courses.

            i think a great way is getting sahpiro's encyclopoedia of A.I. 2 vols,
            and leafing through it.

            then going to eg the london A.I. Club or similar!

            Talking to someone who can answer your questions on it is great and
            entering chat groups like MINDX is good.

            Best of luck with it

            Eldras