Re: planar map

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2005
      From the #1 result for the query [planar map] on Google:

      "The data type planar_map represents a planar drawing of a planar
      graph. A graph is called planar if it can be drawn without edge
      crossings."

      In other words, take a map, draw a point for the capital of each
      region, connect adjacent capitals with lines, and then throw away the
      original borders. You now have a graph. If this graph can be drawn
      on a flat plane with no lines crossing, it is a planar map.

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "kroax2" <kroax2@y...> wrote:

      > In chapter 3 of the text book, exercise 3.7 a, at the back of the
      > chapter. They ask: to give all these functions such as cost
      > functions etc. of a planar map, but my problem is I don't know what a
      > planar map is. If any of you can help explain or show what a planar
      > map is I would appreciat it because a search on google and yahoo
      > hasn't provided me much except mathematical things, which is useless
      > to me.
      > If anyone can please help me email me please at KroaX2@y...
      >
      > ThanX
    • kroax2