Re: [aima-talk] Cant view .tex file

  • Ivan Villanueva
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
      > anybody knows how to view .tex slides??

      In Linux (or Unix or probably Mac too) on the console:
      latex file.tex (translate the source code)
      xdvi file.dvi (to view it)
      dvips -f file | lpr (to print it)

      If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all you
      have paid for that operating system, and thus you can expect some help
      from them.

      Iván.
    • Paolo Amoroso
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
        Ivan Villanueva <ivan@...> writes:

        > If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all you

        Windows users may try MikTeX:

        http://www.miktex.org/

        Paolo
        --
        Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log
      • Robin
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
          LaTex is also avail for win32. (It's a text-editing package, not a
          part of your OS).

          Try at www.miktex.org for a commandline utility or at
          http://www.toolscenter.org/front_content.php?idcat=26 for an editor
          with gui. Both are free.

          Worst case, LaTex is an ascii format, so you can often get much of the
          content by opening the file in a text editor.

          -rh

          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:
          > > anybody knows how to view .tex slides??
          >
          > In Linux (or Unix or probably Mac too) on the console:
          > latex file.tex (translate the source code)
          > xdvi file.dvi (to view it)
          > dvips -f file | lpr (to print it)
          >
          > If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all
          you
          > have paid for that operating system, and thus you can expect some
          help
          > from them.
          >
          > Iv�n.
        • Hendrik Ferreira