Cant view .tex file

  • Talaat
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2005
      hi
      anybody knows how to view .tex slides??
    • Ivan Villanueva
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
        > anybody knows how to view .tex slides??

        In Linux (or Unix or probably Mac too) on the console:
        latex file.tex (translate the source code)
        xdvi file.dvi (to view it)
        dvips -f file | lpr (to print it)

        If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all you
        have paid for that operating system, and thus you can expect some help
        from them.

        Iván.
      • Paolo Amoroso
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
          Ivan Villanueva <ivan@...> writes:

          > If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all you

          Windows users may try MikTeX:

          http://www.miktex.org/

          Paolo
          --
          Lisp Propulsion Laboratory log - http://www.paoloamoroso.it/log
        • Robin
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2005
            LaTex is also avail for win32. (It's a text-editing package, not a
            part of your OS).

            Try at www.miktex.org for a commandline utility or at
            http://www.toolscenter.org/front_content.php?idcat=26 for an editor
            with gui. Both are free.

            Worst case, LaTex is an ascii format, so you can often get much of the
            content by opening the file in a text editor.

            -rh

            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:
            > > anybody knows how to view .tex slides??
            >
            > In Linux (or Unix or probably Mac too) on the console:
            > latex file.tex (translate the source code)
            > xdvi file.dvi (to view it)
            > dvips -f file | lpr (to print it)
            >
            > If you use Windows, sorry, I have no idea. Ask Microsoft, after all
            you
            > have paid for that operating system, and thus you can expect some
            help
            > from them.
            >
            > Iv�n.
          • Hendrik Ferreira