wrong partial-order planning algorithm?

  • idyrr
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2005
      I think I found a mistake at page #356 of the first edition of the book.

      Figure 11.3 shows the partial-order planning algorithm.

      The problem resides in

      choose either:
      Promotion: Add S_threat < S_i to ORDERINGS(plan)
      Demotion: Add S_j < S_threat to ORDERINGS(plan)

      Either I didn't get the concept of promotion and demotion, or these
      statements are wrong.

      If S_threat is promoted, it is put before S_i (like Figure 11.10 shows),
      if demoted it is put behind S_j, so I think it should read:

      Promotion: Add S_j < S_threat to ORDERINGS(plan)
      Demotion: Add S_threat < S_i to ORDERINGS(plan)

      Could anyone please clarify this?

      Thanks in advance!