Re: [aima-talk] Beginner

  • Serguei A Mokhov
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2002
      Quoting Peter Norvig <peter@...>:

      <snip>
      > fair amount of AI is done in C++. Other languages like Java, Perl, and
      > Python are also used.

      I would also add CLIPS. The adder exercise in the book
      I would do in CLIPS rather than in any other language.

      --
      Serguei A. Mokhov <mailto:mokhov@...>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2002
        Prolog does provide a straightforward way to do logical inference -- if
        you're satisfied with the depth-first search approach, and with the
        incomplete treatment of negation. For some applications this works fine,
        but for most applications what really helps is not the built-in approach,
        but Prolog's support for building the interpreter/compiler you really want
        for your problem. Lisp also offers similar support, so that is why Lisp is
        often just as good, even though Lisp has no built-in support for inference.

        Another thing that Lisp and Prolog provide is an easily-customizable reader
        for parsing your logical expressions. With C++ you have to use YACC or some
        other parser-generator, or build your own parser.

        -Peter