Re: [aima-talk] Unable to Run the Code from the text book - Need help

  • Ivan Villanueva
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2005
      > I am trying to compile the JAVA code from
      > http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/java-overview.html I downloaded the
      > aima.zip and unzipped the files into a folder aima-code as the following
      >
      > C:\javamyprograms\aima-code
      >
      > I have C:\javamyprograms\ in my class path. I am trying to run one
      > file in the following location (AStarSearch.java),
      >
      > C:\javamyprograms\aima-code\src\aima\search\informed
      >
      > also the folders which is mentioned as package exisit properly in the
      > right location.
      > But I am getting the error :
      >
      > AStarSearch.java:9: package aima.search.framework does not exist
      > import aima.search.framework.Metrics;
      > [...]

      Try the following:
      - open a console and change the directory (cd) to
      C:\javamyprograms\aima-code\src

      - execute e.g.: java -cp . aima\search\informed\AStarSearch (or whatever)
      (I don't use Windows, maybe you should replace '\' with '.')

      <advertisement>
      I'm implementing the code in the book in java, but trying to provide
      more documentation, a better design, and more general algorithms.
      I'm finished with chapter 6 now. If you like I can send you my
      source code.
      </advertisement>

      Iván.
    • Ravi Mohan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2005
        Ponguru,
        Sorry for the delay in reply .
        I was away from my pc for a week .
        Your classpath needs to include the "build" directoryinside tha aima
        dierctory .
        feel free to contact me if you have any problems.
        Regds,
        Ravi