online-dfs-agent bug ?

  • Ivan Villanueva
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hello,

      I've implemented the Online-DFS-Agent on page 126 in the international
      edition. However, the algorithm gets stuck.
      After debugging, I found that the problem was while backtracking.
      I think the line on the pseudo-code "if s is not null then do" should be
      "If s is not null and not backtracking then do". After I change it in my
      code everything works properly. Otherwise after the first backtracking
      (one state back) it will go again to the last state, then backtracking
      again, and so on.

      Is it an errata in the pseudo-code of the book or I'm missing
      something ?

      Regards,
      Iván Villanueva.