Re: puzzle 8

  • memo_27512
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      thank you
      but I need a hueristic function better than
      Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
      Manhattan distance pg 106/108

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "j1mmy_n3u7120n" <padmatv@v...>
      wrote:

      > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "memo_27512" <memo_27512@y...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > please help me
      > > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
      >
      > Check the book they already have given 3 heuristics for 8 puzzle.
      >
      > 1> Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
      > 2> Manhattan distance pg 106/108
      > 3> Gaschnig's Heuristic pg 135 prob 4.9
      >
      > pages numbered according to Second Edition of the book.
    • memo_27512
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
        thank you very much
        I need it in delphi
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Brandon Iskey
        <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:
        > i have it in python. is that ok??
        >
        > brandon

      • memo_27512
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          thank you
          bau i need another hueristic function

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            thank you
            but i need another hueristic function that act better
            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, David Faden <dfaden@i...> wrote:
            > How about the heuristics given in the text (p. 102 first edition)?
            One
            > of those is the sum of the Manhattan distances between blocks'
            current
            > positions and their positions in the solved puzzle.
            >
            > David
            >
            > On Dec 1, 2004, at 3:33 AM, memo_27512 wrote:
            >

            > > please help me
            > > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
          • Brandon Iskey
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              i only have it in python, would you like it anyway??

              brandon

              http://my.yahoo.com
            • Ivan Villanueva
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                > thank you very much
                > I need it in delphi

                Are you a computer program ?

                Iván.
              • Ivan Villanueva
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                  > i have it in python. is that ok??

                  Hello Brandon,
                  may I have a look at your code ?

                  Iván.
                • Brandon Iskey
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                    no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                    science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                    let me know

                    brandon

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • somanathdas
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 6, 2004
                      Yes i want to know more about these heuristics
                      somnath
                      <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:

                      > no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                      > science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                      > let me know
                      >
                      > brandon

                      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • somnath das
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 14, 2004

                        somanathdas <somanathdas@...> wrote:

                        Thanks for ur reply.

                        Yes I want those heuristics. Do u have any idea about how to program these heuristics.

                        Somnath

                        http://mail.yahoo.com