Re: [aima-talk] puzzle 8

  • David Faden
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
      How about the heuristics given in the text (p. 102 first edition)? One
      of those is the sum of the Manhattan distances between blocks' current
      positions and their positions in the solved puzzle.

      David

      On Dec 1, 2004, at 3:33 AM, memo_27512 wrote:

      > please help me
      > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
    • Brandon Iskey
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
        i have it in python.  is that ok??

        brandon

      • memo_27512
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          thank you
          but I need a hueristic function better than
          Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
          Manhattan distance pg 106/108

          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "j1mmy_n3u7120n" <padmatv@v...>
          wrote:

          > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "memo_27512" <memo_27512@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > please help me
          > > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
          >
          > Check the book they already have given 3 heuristics for 8 puzzle.
          >
          > 1> Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
          > 2> Manhattan distance pg 106/108
          > 3> Gaschnig's Heuristic pg 135 prob 4.9
          >
          > pages numbered according to Second Edition of the book.
        • memo_27512
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            thank you very much
            I need it in delphi
            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Brandon Iskey
            <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:
            > i have it in python. is that ok??
            >
            > brandon

          • memo_27512
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              thank you
              bau i need another hueristic function

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                thank you
                but i need another hueristic function that act better

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  i only have it in python, would you like it anyway??

                  brandon

                  http://my.yahoo.com
                • Ivan Villanueva
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                    > thank you very much
                    > I need it in delphi

                    Are you a computer program ?

                    Iván.
                  • Ivan Villanueva
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                      > i have it in python. is that ok??

                      Hello Brandon,
                      may I have a look at your code ?

                      Iván.
                    • Brandon Iskey
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                        no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                        science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                        let me know

                        brandon

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • somanathdas
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 6, 2004
                          Yes i want to know more about these heuristics
                          somnath
                          <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:

                          > no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                          > science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                          > let me know
                          >
                          > brandon

                          > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • somnath das
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 14, 2004

                            somanathdas <somanathdas@...> wrote:

                            Thanks for ur reply.

                            Yes I want those heuristics. Do u have any idea about how to program these heuristics.

                            Somnath

                            http://mail.yahoo.com