Re: puzzle 8

  • magesmail
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
      hi,
      Sec 4.2 of the book clearly explains two heuristic functions for the
      eightpuzzle.
      You might also want to look at the java implementation of both these
      heuristics.
      Regds,
      Ravi

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "memo_27512" <memo_27512@y...> wrote:

      > please help me
      > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
    • j1mmy_n3u7120n
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
        wrote:

        > please help me
        > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle

        Check the book they already have given 3 heuristics for 8 puzzle.

        1> Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
        2> Manhattan distance pg 106/108
        3> Gaschnig's Heuristic pg 135 prob 4.9

        pages numbered according to Second Edition of the book.
      • Brandon Iskey
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
          which heristic.  i have manhattan and misplaced tile.  your call.

          brandon

          memo_27512 <memo_27512@...> wrote:

          please help me
          i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle

        • David Faden
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
            How about the heuristics given in the text (p. 102 first edition)? One
            of those is the sum of the Manhattan distances between blocks' current
            positions and their positions in the solved puzzle.

            David

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
              i have it in python.  is that ok??

              brandon

            • memo_27512
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                thank you
                but I need a hueristic function better than

                --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "j1mmy_n3u7120n" <padmatv@v...>

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  thank you very much
                  I need it in delphi
                  --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Brandon Iskey
                  <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:
                  > i have it in python. is that ok??
                  >
                  > brandon

                • memo_27512
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                    thank you
                    bau i need another hueristic function

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                      thank you
                      but i need another hueristic function that act better

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                        i only have it in python, would you like it anyway??

                        brandon

                        http://my.yahoo.com
                      • Ivan Villanueva
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                          > thank you very much
                          > I need it in delphi

                          Are you a computer program ?

                          Iván.
                        • Ivan Villanueva
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                            > i have it in python. is that ok??

                            Hello Brandon,
                            may I have a look at your code ?

                            Iván.
                          • Brandon Iskey
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                              no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                              science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                              let me know

                              brandon

                              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                            • somanathdas
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 6, 2004
                                Yes i want to know more about these heuristics
                                somnath
                                <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:

                                > no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                                > science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                                > let me know
                                >
                                > brandon

                                > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                              • somnath das
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 14, 2004

                                  somanathdas <somanathdas@...> wrote:

                                  Thanks for ur reply.

                                  Yes I want those heuristics. Do u have any idea about how to program these heuristics.

                                  Somnath

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com