puzzle 8

  • memo_27512
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
      please help me
      i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
    • magesmail
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
        hi,
        Sec 4.2 of the book clearly explains two heuristic functions for the
        eightpuzzle.
        You might also want to look at the java implementation of both these
        heuristics.
        Regds,
        Ravi

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "memo_27512" <memo_27512@y...> wrote:

        > please help me
        > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle
      • j1mmy_n3u7120n
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
          wrote:

          > please help me
          > i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle

          Check the book they already have given 3 heuristics for 8 puzzle.

          1> Number of misplaced tiles pg 106/108
          2> Manhattan distance pg 106/108
          3> Gaschnig's Heuristic pg 135 prob 4.9

          pages numbered according to Second Edition of the book.
        • Brandon Iskey
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
            which heristic.  i have manhattan and misplaced tile.  your call.

            brandon

            memo_27512 <memo_27512@...> wrote:

            please help me
            i need a hueristic function for 8puzzle

          • David Faden
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
              How about the heuristics given in the text (p. 102 first edition)? One
              of those is the sum of the Manhattan distances between blocks' current
              positions and their positions in the solved puzzle.

              David

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2004
                i have it in python.  is that ok??

                brandon

              • memo_27512
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  thank you
                  but I need a hueristic function better than

                  --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "j1mmy_n3u7120n" <padmatv@v...>

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                    thank you very much
                    I need it in delphi
                    --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Brandon Iskey
                    <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:
                    > i have it in python. is that ok??
                    >
                    > brandon

                  • memo_27512
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                      thank you
                      bau i need another hueristic function

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                        thank you
                        but i need another hueristic function that act better

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                          i only have it in python, would you like it anyway??

                          brandon

                          http://my.yahoo.com
                        • Ivan Villanueva
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                            > thank you very much
                            > I need it in delphi

                            Are you a computer program ?

                            Iván.
                          • Ivan Villanueva
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                              > i have it in python. is that ok??

                              Hello Brandon,
                              may I have a look at your code ?

                              Iván.
                            • Brandon Iskey
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                                no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                                science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                                let me know

                                brandon

                                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                              • somanathdas
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 6, 2004
                                  Yes i want to know more about these heuristics
                                  somnath
                                  <brandon_pitt_47@y...> wrote:

                                  > no, i am a graduate student majoring in computer
                                  > science. do you want these heuristics or not?? just
                                  > let me know
                                  >
                                  > brandon

                                  > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                • somnath das
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 14, 2004

                                    somanathdas <somanathdas@...> wrote:

                                    Thanks for ur reply.

                                    Yes I want those heuristics. Do u have any idea about how to program these heuristics.

                                    Somnath

                                    http://mail.yahoo.com