KBCS 2004: Call for Participation

  • op4cfp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      <Please accept my apology if you have received multiple copies of the
      same>

      K B C S 2004
      INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON KNOWLEDGE BASED COMPUTER SYSTEMS
      Hyderabad, India. December 19-22, 2004
      http://www.ncst.ernet.in/kbcs2004/

      Call for Participation

      The International Conference on Knowledge Based Computer Systems will
      be held in Hyderabad, India during December 19-22,2004. The
      conference is intended to act as a forum for promoting interaction
      among researchers in the field of Artificial Intelligence in India
      and abroad.

      There will be a three-day conference during December 20-22, 2004,
      preceded by a day of pre-conference tutorials on December 19, 2004.
      The conference programme consists of presentations of selected
      papers, invited talks, panel discussion and sponsor presentation.

      Over 200 papers were submitted to the conference from India and
      abroad. After a rigorous international refereeing process, about 50
      papers have been selected, which will be presented during the
      conference. The papers span areas such as Data Mining, Information
      Retrieval, Intelligent Agents, Machine Learning, OCR, Reasoning,
      Planning and Scheduling, Search Techniques, etc.

      Invited Talks by:
      ----------------
      * Prof. Tony Cohn, University of Leeds, UK.
      * Prof. Martin Kay, Trinity College, UK.
      * Prof. Ramon Mántaras, Campus Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona,
      Spain.
      * Prof. Abdul Sattar, Griffith University, Australia.
      * Prof. Manuela M. Veloso, Carnegie Mellon University, USA.

      Pre-Conference Tutorials:
      ------------------------
      ==> Speech Recognition and Synthesis (Full Day)
      * Prof. Samudravijaya K., TIFR, Mumbai, India.
      * Mr. S. P. Kishore, IIIT Hyderabad, India and LTI CMU, USA.
      * Dr. R N V Sitaram HP Labs, Bangalore, India.

      ==> Pattern Evolution Algorithms for Search, Optimization and
      Data Mining (Full Day)
      * Dr. V. Sunderarajan, CDAC Pune, India.
      * Dr. V. K. Jayaraman, National Chemical Laboratory,
      Pune, India.

      ==> 'Evolvable Hardware' - Implication on Engineering Design and
      Intelligence of Autonomous Systems (Half Day)
      * Prof. Mircea Gh. Negoita, Wellington Institute of Technology
      (WelTec),New Zealand.

      Registration Fees:
      -----------------
      Conference:
      * Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 2800/- (100$)
      * Other Institutions : Rs. 4000/- (140$)
      * Students : Rs 1500/- (50$)

      Tutorial: (full-day)
      * Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 2200/- (70$)
      * Other Institutions : Rs. 3500/- (120$)
      * Students : Rs 800/- (40$)

      Tutorial: (half-day)
      * Non-profit R&D and Educational Institutions : Rs. 1500/- (50$)
      * Other Institutions : Rs. 2500/- (80$)
      * Students : Rs 500/- (25$)

      For registration details, please visit the

      Conference Venue:
      -----------------
      ITC Hotel Kakatiya Sheraton & Towers,
      6-3-1187, Begumpet, Hyderabad - 500 016, A.P., India.

      Tutorial Venue:
      ---------------
      IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad - 500 019, A.P., India.

      Advisory Committee:
      ------------------
      Aravind K. Joshi, University of Pennsylvania
      P.V.S. Rao, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai
      R. Narasimhan, CMC, Bangalore

      Programme Committee:
      -------------------
      K.S.R. Anjaneyulu, HP Labs, Bangalore
      Vivek Balaraman, TRDDC, Pune
      Pushpak Bhattacharya, IIT Mumbai
      PP Chakraborti, IIT Kharagpur
      S. Kambhampati, Arizona State University
      M. Narasimha Murty, IISc, Bangalore
      Bernd Neumann, University of Hamburg
      Arun K Pujari, University of Hyderabad
      S. Ramani, HP Labs, Bangalore
      P.V.S. Rao, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai (Chair)
      Durgesh D. Rao, DR Systems, Mumbai
      P. Saint-Dizier, University of Paul Sabatier, France
      K. Samudravijaya, TIFR, Mumbai
      R. Sangal, IIIT, Hyderabad
      M. Sasikumar, C-DAC Mumbai (formerly NCST) (co-chair)
      S. Sen Gupta, Tata Infotech Ltd., Mumbai
      R. Uthurusamy, GMR Labs, USA (co-chair)

      Request for Information:
      -----------------------
      For further information please refer to the KBCS-2004 home page or
      write to

      KBCS-2004 Secretariat,
      C-DAC Mumbai (formerly NCST)
      Raintree Marg, Near Bharati Vidyapeeth,
      Opp. Kharghar Railway Station,
      Sector 7, CBD Belapur,
      Navi Mumbai - 400 614, INDIA.
      E-mail: kbcs@...
      Phone: +91-22-27560013
      Fax: +91-22-27560004
        Dear op4cfp,

        Please talk to your ISP to fix their open-relay problem; otherwise, you
        mails are tagged as spam. Or change your ISP.

        Group: sorry for the off-topic.

        -s

        On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, op4cfp wrote:

        > Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:50:39 -0000
        > From: op4cfp <op4cfp@...>
        > To: aima-talk@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: SPAM: [aima-talk] KBCS 2004: Call for Participation

        > *** SPAM *** SPAM *** SPAM *** SPAM *** SPAM *** SPAM *** SPAM ***
        >
        > This message has been identified as spam or dangerous by the TEST version
        > of the Concordia University e-mail transport system. After a test period,
        > messages such as this one will simply be REJECTED. If we made a mistake,
        > and you believe that this message *should* be delivered to you, please
        > contact abuse@... immediately,
        > and include the COMPLETE HEADERS from this message.
        > Explain that you believe the message was mistakenly identified as spam.
        >
        > For more information about the anti-spam system, see:
        > http://www.encs.concordia.ca/~fig/public/email/spam/
        >
        > This testing rule will start rejecting mail on: March 31, 2004
        > unless we get problem reports before then at abuse@....
        >
        > Rule: spamassassin score 20.511 >= 20.0
        > Queue: perseverance.encs.concordia.ca iAMDeEbj026845
        >
        > Details:
        >
        > Spam detection software, running on the system "perseverance.encs.concordia.ca", has
        > identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message
        > has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block
        > similar future email. If you have any questions, see
        > postmaster@... for details.
        >
        > Content preview: <Please accept my apology if you have received multiple
        > copies of the same> K B C S 2004 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON KNOWLEDGE
        > BASED COMPUTER SYSTEMS Hyderabad, India. December 19-22, 2004
        > http://www.ncst.ernet.in/kbcs2004/ [...]
        >
        > Content analysis details: (20.5 points, 5.0 required)
        >
        > pts rule name description
        > ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
        > 0.0 T_CONCORDIA_LOCAL_RETURN Return Path includes local address.
        > 3.4 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD 'From' yahoo.com does not match 'Received' headers
        > 1.1 RCVD_IN_SORBS_HTTP RBL: SORBS: sender is open HTTP proxy server
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
        > 4.3 RCVD_IN_OPM RBL: Received via a relay in opm.blitzed.org
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in opm.blitzed.org]
        > 1.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY RBL: NJABL: sender is an open proxy
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]
        > 4.3 RCVD_IN_OPM_HTTP_POST RBL: OPM: sender is open HTTP POST proxy
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in opm.blitzed.org]
        > 1.0 RCVD_IN_NJABL RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]
        > 1.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.sorbs.net
        > [202.54.51.5 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
        > 3.1 RCVD_IN_DSBL RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
        > [<http://dsbl.org/listing?ip=202.54.51.5>]
        > 1.0 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
        > [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?202.54.51.5>]
        > 0.1 CONCORDIA_HELO_NEQ_PTR HELO argument does not match PTR

        Serguei A. Mokhov | /~\ The ASCII
        Computer Science Department | \ / Ribbon Campaign
        Concordia University | X Against HTML
        Montreal, Quebec, Canada | / \ Email!