Minimax algorithm

  • solunne
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
      I really dont understand how I could return the action in Sucessors
      (state) with value v (p. 166). In facts, I don't understand how a
      sucessors of a state is associated with a value ?

      Thanks for help.

      (I use Scheme (dialect of Lisp) to implement the code from the book.)
    • The Geek
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2004
        That's one of those "wave your hands and magic
        appears" moments in the book. I don't know Scheme (or
        Lisp) but when I coded it in Java, I set a
        class-variable for the best move every time I was
        ready to leave the max algorithm. Sure, it gets set a
        couple of times when you're deep in the recursion, but
        on your way out at the top it'll get set to the next
        move properly.

        Rob G.
        --- solunne <solunne@...> wrote:

        > I really dont understand how I could return the
        > action in Sucessors
        > (state) with value v (p. 166). In facts, I don't
        > understand how a
        > sucessors of a state is associated with a value ?
        >
        > Thanks for help.
        >
        > (I use Scheme (dialect of Lisp) to implement the
        > code from the book.)

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com