percept sequence

  • Amir Dolatabadi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004

      On page 34, What do you understand by:
      percept sequence:[A,clean],[A,clean]
      The first percept changes the position of the vacuum-cleaner
      to place B and in that position, the second percept has no meaning
      for the agent.

      Amir.
    • Dharmesh Jani
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
        Hey
        It just means that keep on moving right until square A is clean...
        remember it is a sequence of percepts and so as far as A is clean it will keep on moving to the right side.....As soon as it perceives [A,Dirty} it will take the action SUCK....
        This is mentioned in the context that the vacuum cleaner cannot jump directly from square A to square B.. But it will take a definite amount of time and during that time too it continously receives the percepts....

        So the sequence to which u are referring to can be extended to somewhat like this....
        [A,Clean] , [A,Clean] ,  [A,Clean] , [A,Dirt] , [A,Clean] , [B,Clean] , B,Dirt] ,  [B,Clean]
        here on the 4th percept it will suck and at the 6th percept it enters square B...
        on the 7th one it sucks dirt in squareB......
        here ofcourse the things not mentioned, i guess for simplicity, are the boundary conditions and the fact that how does the vaccum agent knows that it has reached the square B.  if u also want to include that then the solution can be something like, make the agent work in squares of fixed size......i.e. the agent assumes that i has entered square B after travelling a certain distance....and travels back to the left when it reaches the end of square B.

        this is what i can think of.......
        give me feedback on this.....

        Amir Dolatabadi <A_Dolatabadi@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        On page 34, What do you understand by:
        percept sequence:[A,clean],[A,clean]
        The first percept changes the position of the vacuum-cleaner
        to place B and in that position, the second percept has no meaning
        for the agent.

        Amir.

        DHARMESH JANI
        janidharmesh@...
        janidharmesh@...
        Let us think about the thinking things...

      • ANithian
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
          Would this imply an infinitely large table of percept sequences? This
          seems odd b/c the point of table driven is that it's finite for small
          domains.